HEROIN IS A DRUG TO MAKE THE WORLD GO AWAY

THIS IS A BLOG ABOUT A LIFE WITHOUT HEROIN



Tuesday 3 April 2012

Azole Blues


I THINK I have just found out why I have been feeling so ill for such a long time. Seroquel/quetiapine interacts with antifungal azole medications causing the quetiapine to get broken down extra slowly by the liver. And I was spraying my feet every day with miconazole athelete's foot ointment. Now that I've stopped doing that I no longer feel like I'm about to pass out most of the time. The bad news is that my head is going all over the place. It gets full of random words a lot of the time. Words that just pop in from nowhere. I know this is a "symptom" because it happened before. Since I stopped using the athelete's foot spray I no longer sleep 14 hours a day. I slept only eight or nine hours last night. Wow. Oh yeah and my methadone is down to 30mg so it's all good. And I'm not using heroin on top any more.

7 comments:

Furtheron said...

that is good that you have found the interaction - what a weird one...

Good news on the Methadone reduction

Gledwood said...

I only found out about it by glancing at the side effects sheet. Something I have learned to do. I used to scrupiously avoid side effects information because I thought that reading them made people neurotic. Changed my mind on that one big time!

Brad said...

Good to hear you have kicked the heroin and that your life seems to be straightening out. If you ever feel like sharing your insight or advice about drug addiction, I work at a rehabilitation center and we would be happy to hear from you. We have an Drug Addiction Blog or you can check us out at www.lifeworkscommunity.com

Akelamalu said...

Good to hear you've kicked heroin reduced the methadone. Glad things are looking better for you Gleds. x

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

You are doing so well, Gleds and Simi and I hope you are feeling better now. Happy Easter Monday evening! xx woof!

Gledwood said...

Don't be too happy for me. I've been desperately trying NOT to use heroin on top of my methadone and have only so far done 2 days clean and clear!

(As of Friday 13 April)

Anonymous said...

I have battled addiction to crack cocaine for nine years now. I've my life to the Lord, yet "I" battle this everyday, most days losing. I'm on probation, in mandatory counseling, and returned to school. I'm pass my forties and feel pathetic! Absolutely a waste.

People are proud of me but little do they know...I'm secretly in torment. Have had suicidal thoughts but don't as if I'll act on them. The weight of all the positive things I once had going for me, and just not being able to find myself or even an identity right is almost too much to bear. I know God has a plan for all this, but I find it hard to stay encouraged...

I may toxed positive at probation and could face jail time since they've given me so many chances. I'm a mom! But I'm even doing well, haven't in years! I'm reaching out.