HEROIN IS A DRUG TO MAKE THE WORLD GO AWAY

THIS IS A BLOG ABOUT A LIFE WITHOUT HEROIN



Thursday 2 May 2013

"Eviction" Scandal

THE BLOODY COUNCIL (who are my landlord) have had the cheek to write to me saying I'm some pennies over £50 ($77.66) in rent arrears and that they're chucking me out on the street!! I phoned them up and said, "If I pay off this £50 next week, will you still want to chuck me out?" (No point paying it at all if they're booting me out anyway, is there?) But they said no. I won't get chucked out. So I rang my Support Worker in fury. He says they won't chuck me out either. Then I pored over my rent receipts and it turns out I'm about £2.50 ($3.88) in ADVANCE. No arrears at all. So I don't know where that £50 figure comes from at all. They did say a few weeks ago that housing benefit had failed to cough up £30 ($46.60) that they owe and had the cheek to tell ME to ring Housing Benefit to sort this out. How can I argue with whatever computer tells housing benefit how much to pay. No! If the council is paying the council and part of the council is in arrears, that's for the council to sort out. Not me! So I'm apparently not getting chucked out. (I'm not entirely sure though.)

I'VE JUST COME out of the mental hospital, visiting Binky and my head is ringing with the voices of craziness. Well, not so much utter madness. Just lots of women talking talking talking. Often at cross purposes.

Binky has no idea when she's getting out. I've been telling her she's entirely back to her normal self. Whereas she was having a psychotic episode a few weeks ago. Hearing the voices of the dead and everything.

TOMORROW I have another appointment to see the GP. Well I know which one NOT to ask for. The evil Dr Benderson. So I asked reception to tell me the name of a doctor in this massive practice I'm registered with (biggest dr's surgery I've ever joined ~ about 15 drs) which one is most interested in psychiatry. As I have to find myself a Consultant. (All these psychiatric meds they want me to take and I don't even have a psychiatrist!) Hopefully by tomorrow my notes WILL have appeared on screen and my entire life and existence won't be one Surreal Blank.

Anyway my back is a bit done in, so I need to see a dr just for that.

I'm terrified of doctors. Never know what they're going to think. I mean look at Binky ~ sane as a daisy and they still won't let her out!

My Spanish is coming along really well (unit 22 of 30). I'm keeping a Diario Secreto (yes it really is called that) in Español.

The local charity shop has just taken in a box full of books in French and Persian. So I raided the French. Got a hoary old (colour) coffee table book about Brittany, a book of verbs, and a book about culture all in French. And an ancient Spanish phrasebook. I can understand Spanish much better than I can speak it. (Nobody to speak it WITH!) Binky kept saying she wanted to learn French and I kept saying "why don't you do Spanish or Italian with me?" ... but no she still wants French. I warned her that the written language is fiendishly difficult ~ all those silent letters. I've "known" French for years and still don't know exactly what is and is not pronounced!

The weather here in London is charming. Picture postcard perfect.

And Holland has a new king! The first one in 132 years. Did anybody watch the ceremony...? What WAS Camilla wearing on her head...?!??


Illustrated: the new King Willem of the Netherlands; a sapling in the snow (don't know why the idea for this came to me, but isn't it pretty?) no my secret Spanish diary is NOT pink!!

3 comments:

eyelick said...

Subjunctives was where eye last was in Spanish, when eye was being good about keeping up..

Oh Gledwood you're always so funny. And your posts remind me of the way eye text people - long, seemingly random subject changes - but that's just the speed at which ones mind is going.

Loved your Margaret Thatcher post. Had to look her up after reading it.

The verification has the word Caesar in it. How eye'd LOOOVE a Caesar salad!

Be well <3

eyelick said...

Subjunctives was where eye last was in Spanish, when eye was being good about keeping up..

Oh Gledwood you're always so funny. And your posts remind me of the way eye text people - long, seemingly random subject changes - but that's just the speed at which ones mind is going.

Loved your Margaret Thatcher post. Had to look her up after reading it.

The verification has the word Caesar in it. How eye'd LOOOVE a Caesar salad!

Be well <3

Gledwood said...

Did you know there is a French subjunctive and I did A Level French and yet barely remember it!

Something like "je veux qu'il fasse..." I wish he would do...

Hope you're OK. "Eye"'m fine..! ☺