HEROIN IS A DRUG TO MAKE THE WORLD GO AWAY

THIS IS A BLOG ABOUT A LIFE WITHOUT HEROIN



Monday 22 October 2012

£26 Shopping Spree

WOW, this morning I went wild in the pound shop courtesy of my friend Pinky's debit card (she was with me debiting it; I didn't steal it!) I bought 3 random DVDs, a CD radio play of Little Britain, four greetings cards and about fifty rollerballs and gel ink pens in various varieties then we went to some sportswear shop where she told me I desperately need new jogging bottoms as the old red ones with permanent fag ash stains and burn holes make me look "worse than a homeless schizophrenic" (I am paraphrasing her words) so £9.99 ($16.02) got me new ones with white lines down the legs but they aren't Adidas. And I also paid £5 ($8.02) for a red teeshirt which is very unlike me. Ordinarily I am totally averse to buying any item of clothing costing over £3 ($4.81). And then we went into Argos, the shop that sells everything where I fell in love with a £45 ($72.17) 14 megapixel stills 5x optical zoom 720 pixel video all in one camera by Fuji in blue but that has to wait.

Wow, I haven't gone on a shopping spree in ages, even if it is only a £26 ($41.61) miniature one. And yes it probably had something to do with me not sleeping well at all last night ~ waking up countless times every hour ~ then being hyper and loud all morning. For some reason I ran round Pinky's house asking everyone whether they watched Downton Abbey. But they're all mental there anyhow so nobody cared. Then I wanted to take a snapshot of the chief care coordinator of Pinky's sheltered housing and she kept saying no and why am I so obsessed with Tamara the chief care cooridinator... oh blah blah. O well I have to run. I have an appointment with Destiny!

Take care everyone. Good day sunshine!... yeah!!!


Illustrated: a blue Fujifilm 14 megapixel camera a bit like the one I want...

PS: I don't know why the Downton obsession, except that Lady Sybil (illustrated below with the chauffeur she married) died last night giving birth to their first child and it was terribly sad...

7 comments:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Sounds like a very enjoyable spending spree!

Gledwood said...

O aye it was. And I really enjoyed calculating the bizarre dollar amounts. No I WILL NOT go over $4.81 for a garment. Not one red cent over!!!

I really can't wait to get that £45/$71 camera. It's really motivating me to kick the drugs and take pictures instead!

daubmir said...

Ciao Gledwood, long time no see!
I was just revisiting some of my past blogs, to see if I could recover some pieces of poetry I needed... and I found your nice comments dating back 4-5 years.

You feeling better now? Sei simpatico, restiamo in contatto -- perhaps we should start our conversations again...

Be well

K

Akelamalu said...

Well you certainly got a lot for your money! :)

Gledwood said...

~Daubmir: o yeah I'm way better than I was. Some days now I take showers and everything!!!!!!!

STILL drugs are an issue. But I'm not taking them just about every single day like I used to. So that's a good thing!!

Akelamalu: some of the pens were terrible but I got some very nice socks (3 for a pound. Pairs that is, not three socks)... o most of the films were terrible except Donnie Darko. And I got this weird Coronation Street spinoff thing which is too bizarre EVEN FOR ME to indulge in. I did watch 12 whole minutes and Rosie Webster is the face of Slut Beer. O no I'm sorry ~ Strumpet Beer. But she's too stupid to twig what a strumpet actually IS...

Gledwood said...

AKE: it's a Coronation Street Special DVD

http://www.whatsontv.co.uk/soaps/coronation-street/news/curly-back-as-hotel-boss-in-coronation-st-special/9858

called A KNIGHT'S TALE. Watch it if you're seriously bored or accidentally eat funny mushrooms in the garden (hey it's bang-on time for a crop, after the first Autumn rains...)

... and it's STRUMPET ALE. Not beer... dunt that mek a difference oop North..? Aye?

Anonymous said...

Do you have a spam problem on this blog; I also
am a blogger, and I was wondering your situation; we have created some
nice methods and we are looking to trade methods with other folks, why
not shoot me an e-mail if interested.
My page ; Target coupons 2012